Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-01-20

January challenge



On the Northern Hemisphere in January we have a middle of winter. But on the Southern Hemisphere it is summer. This month moodboard represents both seasons. If you live in a country, where it is winter now, but you miss warm summer, maybe you will be inspired to create something including your summer holiday memories. But if you are in the middle of hot summer now, maybe you will find some cooling effect if you start working on frosty project :)



To join our challenge you can create any type of project you wish - ATC, layout, card, canvas, off the page project, collage, art-journal spread and more. Just please let yourself be inspired by our moodboard.


Inspiration from our Design Team:




Hello everyone! Our January mood board is amazing, isn't it? I really love blue-green colours and of course they were the ones I decided to use in my work. Also I was inspired by feathers and letters, and natural motives.



As the primary colors I used Mermaid Sparkle and absolutely magical colour: Emerald Green. I really like the way this paint reacts when mixed with water - the color changes to sapphire blue. I used it in my project. For color accents and desired textures I used patina effect pastes. As a final touch I used my favorite antique pastes and wax from Art Alchemy series.







To inspire you, I created a step-by-step tutorial. Enjoy!




Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hello!
This month moodboard inspired me to create a layout with soft and delicate background, different textures and glitter. Intricate Scrapiniec chipboard pieces were just perfect addition.



Textures at the background were created with Light Paste mixed with Mica Powder and Snowflake Paste applied through stencils.



Below you can see my video with the whole process. I hope you will enjoy it.



Mixed Media Place supplies:






Hello!!

This month moodboard inspired me with its colours: green and white, but also with the upper right photo and its contrast between shadow and light!



You will also find the "V" shape made of wooden sticks (above feathers), on the left side of my project!!



I wish you a good year filled with joy, light and colors, and I hope that your troubles will always stay in the shadow!!! All my wishes for you are represented in my project!





Happy New Year, and best wishes to you!!!

xoxo

Mixed Media Place supplies:







Hi lovelies, I’m back again with more inspiration for our gorgeous monthly challenge. 



For this layout I used papers from 7 Dots Studio, Northern Lights collection. If you haven’t seen it yet I really urge you to take a peek it is S-T-U-N-N-I-N-I-G!!!! I used clear gesso as a base and lightly stamped a painted background with blue gelato. I liked this idea of keeping this as light as possible in line with the moodboard, so lots of white gesso and even some platinum crackle to get that softer feel. Scrappiness pieces to help with texture and finished up with glitter glass, art sugar and some glitters!! 

Here are some close ups:









Hugs,
Georgie
x

Mixed Media Place supplies:



* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until February 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store. 
Winner and features will be announced by the end of February.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for March 2018!!

Have a great day!




5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning and amazing inspiration....Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work and inpiration of the DT. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and stunning inspirations from all of you!!!
    I would love to join you soon.

    Hugs
    Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration and for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.